Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Metaphors for the Cell

John Markoff of The New York Times, writing in today's paper, claims that our cell phones are built on a metaphor.
It has been 25 years since the desktop, with its files and folders, was introduced as a way to think about what went on inside a personal computer. The World Wide Web brought other ways of imagining the flow of data. With the dominance of the cellphone, a new metaphor is emerging for how we organize, find and use information.


Here's the article.

What is this new metaphor? Do you see it in your cell phone? Do tell

1 comment:

Juan said...

I really agree with this metaphor. Ever since I got my iphone, i've notice how often I use everyday, with all the apps that it has and honestly, it has helped me in my everyday life

Post a Comment